Posted: Sep 02, 2019
BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – After opening the 2019 season last Saturday on the road, the Bryn Athyn College women's volleyball team will get to play in Asplundh Field House for the first time on Tuesday night against Penn State Schuylkill.
- Bryn Athyn has a 34-45 all-time record in Asplundh Field House. Last season, the Lions had a 3-6 home record. The record for the most home wins in a single season is nine, which occurred in 2013.
- Hannah Dewees and Lex Juritsch led the Lions in the season-opening New Jersey City University tri-match with 18 kills each. Dewees had 14 kills against the host Gothic Knights. It was the 15th time in her career that she had at least 10 kills in a match, and was two kills shy of her career-high of 16 which came at Clarks Summit last season. Juritsch had a career-best 12 kills and 15 digs in the match with New Jersey City. It was the fourth double-double in her career.
- Jenessa Lombardi is second in the Colonial States Athletic Conference in assists per set (7.14) after the opening weekend. She had the eighth double-double in her career in the match against New Jersey City with 36 assists and 12 digs. It was also the fifth time that she registered at least 30 assists in a match.
- Lombardi and Allaina Brock, two of the team's top servers last season, were both strong from the service line with a team-high four aces each over the weekend. Brock had all four of her aces come against Farmingdale State and it's tied for fourth in a CSAC for the most in a match. Last year, Lombardi led the team with 38 aces, while Brock was third with 35.
- Bryn Athyn is 2-0 against Penn State Schuylkill. Last season, the Lions defeated Penn State Schuylkill in both meetings. Bryn Athyn picked up a 3-0 road win over Penn State Schuylkill on Sept. 5, 2018 and a 3-1 in the Albright tri-match on Sept. 8, 2018.